Kulim's sustainability journey began in 2004 when we became one of the first Malaysian palm oil companies to join the RSPO as a committed member. We have aligned our standards to RSPO principles and believe this is the most efficient, socially, and environmentally responsible way of operating sustainably.
Our ESG framework focuses on four key pillars that define our business ethos, consistent with our responsibility and vision to be the most progressive, efficient, profitable, and respectable agribusiness company in the region.
Care for environment
Protecting Our Planet
In agribusiness, environmental protection is essential for long-term success. We are committed to conducting business in a manner that respects and protects the environment.
OUR MISSION. OUR GOAL.
We uphold our social, cultural, and environmental obligations and go beyond compliance and operational necessities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ESG AGENDA
KULIM’s ESG consists of four pillars and it defines KULIM’s business aspirations and decision-making criteria, consistent with our responsibility and vision to be the most progressive, efficient, profitable and respectable agribusiness company in the region
CARE FOR ENVIRONMENT
- Continuous approach in no deforestation, no peat development, and no exploitation
- Improving efficiency in the use of resources
- Direct action to conserve, protect and enhance natural resources
- Vision of a net-zero carbon future for KULIM Group
Improve stakeholder's confidence with social inclusive agenda in all investment-related decision making
SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT
- We are committed to acting responsibly across all of the activities we undertake - This commitment underpins our approach to Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance and is demonstrated through our pledge to deliver sustainability for a better world
- Adoption of COBE - A culture of no bribery, corruption, and conflict of interest - Operate transparently and responsibly in all that we do