Kulim strongly encouraged any Kulim employee or member of the public with knowledge and/or awareness of any improper conduct committed or about to be committed within Kulim to come forward and report in order to defend the Group's interests and reputation.
Kulim assures that all the information and identity of the informant or whistleblower will be processed confidentially and securely.
The Whistleblower Protection Act 2010 provides a safe avenue for them to make disclosures of such alleged improper conduct (whistleblowing) to the relevant authorities in good faith, by protecting their identities, providing them immunity from civil and criminal proceedings and protecting them from detrimental action.
Any improper conduct that is discovered or genuinely suspected shall be reported immediately through one of these channels.
Write a report or telephone or personally meet our Head of Integrity Unit
Head of Integrity Unit Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad K.B 705 Ulu Tiram Estate 80990 Johor Bahru Johor Mail: Mark Strictly Confidential Telephone : 07 - 863 1900 (Office Hours: 8.00 am to 5.30 pm / Sunday to Thursday)
Write a report to the Chairman of the Board of Audit And Risk Committee (BARC)
Chairman of Board of Audit And Risk Committee (BARC) Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad Level 11, Menara KOMTAR Johor Bahru City Centre 80000 Johor Bahru Johor Mail: Mark Strictly Confidential
Write a report to Chairman of Board of Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad
Chairman of Board of Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad Level 11 , Menara KOMTAR Johor Bahry City Centre 80000 Johor Bahru Johor Mail : Mark Strictly Confidential
Disclosure Contents and Details
Disclosures of improper conduct must be made with sufficient details and supported with documentary evidence and/or information of parties who are able to confirm or support the disclosures, wherever practicable using the 5W and 1H (who / what / when / where /why /how). Disclosure of information with the intention to deceive, envy or any intention that contrary to the principles of law, regulations and the interest of Kulim will not be entertained.
Whistleblower Identity Disclosure
Kulim encourages whistleblowers to disclose their identity or how they can be contacted. Anonymous information will be entertained, and be considered for an action subject to the seriousness of the content of the disclosed information.
Protection from Retaliation
1) Kulim assures that no action will be taken against any whistleblower on conditions that the information provided is in good faith and has no element of malicious intent.
2) Kulim views retaliation or reprisal against the whistleblower seriously. Kulim provides assurance to the Whistleblower that all disclosures are protected with confidentially.
3) Disciplinary action may be taken or a police report can be made against any employees or any person involved in making a disclosure in bad faith or with the intention to tarnish the image of Kulim.
4) Employees or any person who wants to disclose or report any improper conduct is free to lodge a report to any enforcement agency if they choose to do so.
5) Employees or any person who discloses improper conduct to any enforcement agency shall be protected under the Whistleblower Protection Act 2010.
Immunity from Protection
The protection is given to a whistleblower however does not include immunity from any investigations, disciplinary or other actions arising from any personal wrongdoings, acts of misconduct or non-performance on his/her part.
Improper Conduct is defined as conduct or action which is unlawful and/or in breach of Kulim's Code of Business Ethics, rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures, both written and implied.
Offence of accepting gratification
Accepts, obtains, agrees to accept or attempts to obtain, from any person in any form of gratification for personal interest or on behalf of others related to official matters of Kulim.
Offence of giving gratification
Gives or agrees to give or offers to any person whether for benefit of that person or of another person related to official matters of Kulim.
Offence of intending to deceive principal
1) Forgery or alteration of a cheque, bank draft, or any other financial document.
2) Impropriety of tender and procurement activities.
3) Questionable or improper accounting.
4) Submit and certify any claim containing false details.
Offence of using office or position for gratification
Any person gives documents which he/she has reason to believe contains any statement which is false or erroneous or defective in any material particular, and is intended to mislead the principal.
1) Abuse of power or authority.
2) Actions or omissions that are considered to be against the interest of Kulim.
3) Conflict of interest.
4) Misuse or abuse of Kulim properties or resources or confidential information.