KULIM – A2 FRESH JV Appointed to Develop, Operate and Manage The Jemaluang Dairy Valley Project

April 6, 2023

ISKANDAR PUTERI, 6 APRIL 2023: Jemaluang Dairy Valley Sdn Bhd (JDVSB), the joint venture company between Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad (KULIM) and A2 Fresh Holdings Sdn Bhd (A2FHSB), has been appointed by the East Coast Economic Region Development Council (ECERDC) to develop, operate and manage a 275-hectare dairy farm in Jemaluang, Mersing.

JDVSB will leverage the strengths of both KULIM and A2FHSB to develop a world-class dairy project that meets the highest standards of quality, safety and sustainability. KULIM is the agribusiness arm of Johor Corporation (JCorp), while A2FHSB is a subsidiary of Rhone Ma Holdings Bhd, an end-to-end animal health solutions provider. KULIM will be the largest shareholder in JDVSB with a 65% stake while the remaining 35% will be held by A2FHSB.

"We are excited to have been appointed by ECERDC to bring our vision for a high-quality dairy project in Jemaluang to life,” said KULIM Director Mohd Faris Adli Shukery.  “With our combined expertise and resources, we are confident that JDVSB will be a success and make a positive contribution to the local community and the agriculture sector."

Dr Lim Ban Keong, Director of A2FHSB said, “We are delighted to partner with KULIM to create a dairy project that will produce high-quality, nutritious dairy products for Malaysians. We look forward to developing a sustainable, innovative and customer-centric business that delivers long-term value to all stakeholders."

JDVSB aims to annually produce 5.4 million litres of fresh milk, leading to a 10% increase in the national production of fresh milk over three years. This advancement is expected to lessen the country's dependence on imported fresh milk.

Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad 
Level 11 Menara Komtar
Johor Bahru City Centre
80000 Johor Bahru
Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia
For 90 years, we revolutionised the future of agribusiness, thus, strengthening our position as one of the key players in Malaysia's agricultural sector.
Copyright © 2023 Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad
en_GBEnglish (UK)